OUCH(UK) Organisation for the Understanding of Cluster Headache


Advice Line

0800 6696 824

overseas +44 1646 651 979

Chronic cluster headache sufferer of 8yrs Esa failed assesment

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Fri, 29/06/2018 - 12:45
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 31/01/2017 - 15:42

Chronic cluster headache sufferer of 8yrs Esa failed assesment

Hi. Ive been a chronic cluster headache sufferer for around 10yrs. I was only diagnosed by a neurologist in 2012.  Living by myself and unable to hold down employment due to my condition, i have claimed esa since 2013(won by tribunal appeal), and pip since 2015(also won by tribunal appeal).  Following a recent esa assesment i have had by esa stopped after being awarded 0points. Im currently awaiting for the desicion to be looked at again before i take it to tribunal AGAIN. Im now left with only my pip money to feed, cloth, and pay my energy bills with, and a quarter of my pip money goes towards my bedroom tax. I have hardly nothing to live on, and im being told the only other benefit in my area is Jsa, in which i have to declare im fit and actively seeking employment, that im clearly not! I have spoke to the dwp who said that is my only option if i want money to live on while awaiting this MESS to be sorted out. Has the whole world gone mad? Im being told by a government agency to lie on an official declaration in order to survive! Any advice from anyone that has been in this situation would be highly appreciated. After suffering chronically for 10yrs with no remission or break, im mentally drained and empty,  this is pushing me to breaking point and i cannot cope.  Any advice appreciated, thanks!  

Brad P

Tue, 24/07/2018 - 12:04
Last seen: 4 days 19 hours ago
Joined: 21/03/2012 - 15:16

Hi Brad

I'd suggest you contact the following for advice and help : The Brain Charity www.thebraincharity.org.uk in Liverpool can assist with all parts of the process and tell them you are an OUCH member.  Also Benefits and Work on www.benefitsandwork.co.uk which is not linked in any way to the DWP.  Disability Rights UK, is also very good with advice.  It is also suggested that you contact your MP, several sufferers have found them very helpful. 

Hope this helps. 


Login to add comments

Share This

© OUCH(uk) 2021 | email: info@ouchuk.org
Registered Charity No. 1091919 | Registered in England Company No. 04339368