OUCH(UK) Organisation for the Understanding of Cluster Headache


Advice Line

0800 6696 824

overseas +44 1646 651 979

New member

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Mon, 23/11/2015 - 21:03
Last seen: 1 year 12 months ago
Joined: 23/11/2015 - 20:31

New member

Hi Everyone.

Just joined and am so relieved I found you. As a sufferer of CH, SUNCT and chronic migraine, I need some help with sorting out some benefits (if possible) because I have recently had to reduce my working hours to 16 hours over 3 days because of the awful suffering I go through. I know I'm not alone and it gives me hope that there are people out there to help.

Cluster Headache, SUNCT and chronic migraine sufferer.       
True Scottish determination keeps me going.
 I will NOT give in to this.

Tue, 01/12/2015 - 14:59
darren h
darren h's picture
Last seen: 2 years 4 months ago
Joined: 20/03/2015 - 11:43

hi and welcome, yes you can claim pip possibly esa, for pip you will need medical evedence docs or nuros letters detailing what you have and how it affects you, head ache diary good idea,, the main criteria for pip is dose your condition affect you more than 50% of the time? if you are cronic insist on home visit if you miss your appointment due to having an attack your claim will be cancled, answer each question as if your having worst day, alot of claims get turned down 1st time but are won hands down when appealed, anyquestions just ask, good on you for fightin ch, its what we do best, and when we get down or low ouch is where we can reach out and be understood and understand others, keep smileing d   

Mon, 07/12/2015 - 09:38
Harrietjt's picture
Last seen: 3 years 3 months ago
Joined: 22/10/2014 - 12:47

Quick correction to PIP criteria, it is are you affected 'on over 50% of the days' of the year; not more than 50% of the time. Makes a big difference.


Login to add comments

Share This

© OUCH(uk) 2021 | email: info@ouchuk.org
Registered Charity No. 1091919 | Registered in England Company No. 04339368