OUCH(UK) Organisation for the Understanding of Cluster Headache


Advice Line

0800 6696 824


3 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Wed, 25/09/2019 - 10:06
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 24/09/2019 - 11:41




I am an ECH sufferer and have been for over 40 years. I manage the condition reasonably well using imigran injections and oxygen. I have started a new cycle of headaches and rejoined OUCH. I can see since my last episode (4 years ago) there is a new treatment, called GAMMACORE; and I want to try this as an addition to my meds

How do I access this device etc?? Presumably it is via my neurologist; I have just asked my GP to be referred to Dr Silver at Walton in Liverpool, however this will take time unfortunately. Does anyone know of a private nerologist I can pay and see that will discuss with me how to use Gammacore? I will travel to any part of the UK but I do live near Manchester, in Wilmslow.

Tan Ahmed


Wed, 02/10/2019 - 08:59
Last seen: 9 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 03/03/2014 - 13:49

Phone the company and they might tell you of a neurologist in your are that has the devices they can issue.  I saw my headache nurse and it was prescribed that day and delivered the next day. 40 days in and only 1 headache & no injections. Working for me so good luck.

Adrian Abbott

Cluster Sufferer

Fri, 11/10/2019 - 10:40
Paddy G
Paddy G's picture
Last seen: 4 months 1 week ago
Joined: 15/10/2018 - 13:27

Hi friend I have a gamma core device I got on trial about 2 years ago. Unfortunately for me it did not even touch the pain or stop any attacks coming on as I suffer chronic CH. Anyway if I'm not breaking any medical laws then I would gladly post it to you. It may work it may not but anything is worth trying regarding CH.

Login to add comments

Share This

© OUCH(uk) 2023 | email: info@ouchuk.org
Registered Charity No. 1091919 | Registered in England Company No. 04339368